Live Baccarat Rules31st Jan 2017 |
The rules of Baccarat are as simple and straightforward as the game itself. They have been designed to give players an engaging and interesting card game that is simple and easy to pick up. The rules of the game are:
- A round begins with the players placing their bets on whether a ‘player’ or the ‘banker’ will receive the highest point value. The players can also choose to bet for a tie between the player and the banker. Some Baccarat tables allow you to bet on a ‘player’ pair or a ‘banker’ pair.
- Once the bets are placed, the dealer then proceeds to give two cards each to the player and the banker.
- The total value of the cards is counted, with the right digit dropped if the value exceeds ten.
- All face cards are given a value of zero, the number cards from 2-9 are as they stand, and the Ace’s value is one.
- The dealer checks the hand of the player and the banker, and may issue a third card. This happens when a player has a total value of 5 or lower, or if the banker has a total value of 5 or lower.
- If the player has a value of 8 or 9, the banker does not receive a third card even if the value is 5 or lower.
- Wining bets on the player receive a 1 to1 payout. Winning bets on the banker is awarded minus a 5% commission to the house.