Apple Pay Casinos
While it is a relative newcomer to the casino scene as a payment method, Apple Pay is only compatible with iOS devices, which means MacBooks, iPads and iPhones. However, after filtering its way into online and brick-and-mortar casinos, Apple Pay is making its mark and it is easy to make deposits and withdrawals.
Best Canadian Casinos That Accept Apple Pay 2020
Using Apple Pay at an online casino
How to make a deposit using Apple Pay
If you are going to use Apple Pay to make payments, you will have to find a casino that supports this method. Once you have, you will need to follow a few simple steps to make deposits:
1) Log in and register with an online casino that supports Apple Pay as a banking method. You will need to provide a series of personal details such as your name, surname and home address.
2) Head over to the deposits section, which can be found under the banking tab, and select the Apple Pay option as your choice of payment.
3) Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit and make sure that it is in line with the casino’s limits. Afterwards, click to confirm your selection.
4) You will then need to enter the CVV code, which is the strip on the back of your bank card.
5) You will then receive a message with a confirmation number and you will need to authenticate the transaction with Touch ID.
6) Once the transaction process is completed, the funds will be deposited into your account.
How long does an Apple Pay deposit at an online casino take?
After major banks in Canada adopted the service, Apple Pay deposits are now allowed. Apple Pay is a swift payment method and deposits happen instantaneously.
How to make a withdrawal using Apple Pay
Using Apple Pay is a simple and efficient way to cash out your winnings. While you can’t withdraw using Apple Pay on all casinos or sites, doing so is relatively straightforward and can be achieved by following these steps:
1) Log into your chosen casino site.
2) Head over to the banking section and click ‘Withdraw cash’ on this page.
3) Once you have located this page, you will need to enter your card details.
4) Confirm the amount you wish to withdraw.
5) To complete the process, transfer to your bank account. The processing times will vary depending on which casino site you use.
How long does an Apple Pay withdrawal at an online casino take?
Generally, Apple Pay withdrawals take between two and three working days to hit your account. However, sometimes due to bank processing times, withdrawals can take up to five working days to reach your account. Not all online casinos allow withdrawals to take place, so the onus is on you to find out that you can do withdrawals using Apple Pay.
Benefits of using Apple Pay at an online casino
Apple Pay is a safe and reliable payment method, and there are numerous advantages attached to using it at a casino:
- Simplicity and convenience. With the app already installed on your device, there is nothing more you have to do. Once you have a casino that accepts Apple Pay, you can make transactions from the comfort of your own home and it is very convenient.
- Speed of transactions. Speed is a core component of the success of Apple Pay. Once you have set up an account, you can make deposits in a few simple steps to load up your playing account.
- No fees. For many casino players, incurring fees can be a drawback. However, Apple Pay offers the advantage of being completely free of any fees regardless of the amount involved. Most casinos do not have any transaction charges – it is only the bank charges to take care of, and these are minimal.
- Instant deposits. Unlike some casinos where you have to wait a while to load up your casino balance, it only takes a few minutes to deposit cash into your account via Apple Pay. Indeed, quick deposits are one of the selling points for players using Apple Pay.
- Safety. The transaction you generate through the system issues a transaction ID that will be unique to your device. Usually, you will need Face ID or Touch ID to verify yourself before making payments online. You can complete payments without disclosing any banking or personal details online.
Claiming casino bonuses using Apple Pay
There are many attractive bonuses and promotions that Apple Pay casinos offer. Of the best casino operators around, 888casino is available to Canadian players and it offers very competitive bonuses. Indeed, it has welcome bonuses that are very generous and they are up to the amount of C$1,500.
Some bonuses may come with a deadline in terms of the length of time they must be activated before they expire.
You are advised to fully read the terms and conditions of a casino site you wish to sign up for before proceeding further. All casinos will offer bonuses at their discretion and they will have each have policies on this. If you’d like to learn more about the ins and outs of casino payment methods, check out one of our expert guides!
Popular questions about using Apple Pay at an online casino
🍎 Are there any fees involved when using Apple Pay at an online casino?
There are no fees that come with using Apple Pay at an online casino. Indeed, Apple Pay applies the fees and then passes them on directly to the operators. If you choose to play at an Apple Pay casino, you will save on the processing fees.
You will also save on charges related to withdrawals and deposits. However, if you wish to use a credit balance to recharge your balance, then casinos will pass on a 3% transaction fee.
🍎 What is the minimum amount I can deposit into Apple Pay?
This will largely depend on which casino site you use. Some may require a minimum deposit of C$10, while others may demand more.
It is always best to read the terms and conditions of each casino site, which should clearly lay out the payment methods and the minimum and maximum amounts you can deposit.
Failing that, you can get in touch with a casino’s customer service centre and they will be able to answer any queries you may have.
🍎 What is the maximum amount I can deposit into Apple Pay?
Once again, the maximum amount you can deposit into Apple Pay will be dictated by the casino at which you choose to play.
The amount levied can range from C$200 to C$1,000, and casinos monitor this very tightly. Once again, you should check out the terms and conditions before proceeding further.
🍎 Is it safe to use Apple Pay at an online casino?
Yes, all casinos that accept Apple Pay are generally considered quite safe. With regard to the payment itself, it is foolproof. With each transaction, a unique token is provided.
Essentially, it is a lot safer than storing an actual card. You can connect your mobile wallet and it makes it a lot harder for a fraudster to access your financial details.
Whether you pay by phone or through your mobile wallet, there will be an extra step to verify yourself – Face ID or Touch ID. What is more reliable than using your fingerprint for authentication? With this in place, it makes it virtually impossible to be susceptible to fraudulent attempts or have your money stolen by third parties.
🍎 Which online sports sites accept Apple Pay?
When it comes to choosing an online sports bookmaker, one that accepts Apple Pay may not be at the top of your list of priorities.
However, there are some renowned sportsbooks that accept Apple Pay. For example, 888sport has established itself as a top-tier sports bookie in Canada and it offers quick processing times for deposits and withdrawals.
bet365 is also a big hitter in the sports betting market and it accepts Apple Pay as a payment method. It ranks very highly in terms of the depth and breadth of sport it covers. Aside from the quality of bonuses and welcome offers it has, it comes up trumps for the stats as well as the live in-play betting markets, so you can keep abreast of the action.
🍎 Can Apple Pay be used for online slots?
Yes, and in fact, slots will dominate the selection at an online casino. The mobile wallet means that you can play slots through several Apple devices and you can also use Apple Watch, though this is more reserved for playing in land-based casinos.
🍎 Can Apple Pay be used for live dealer games?
Yes, there are plenty of live dealer games for which you can use Apple Pay. However, ultimately the selection of games you can choose from depends on the casino site you use.
While some players prefer playing casino games with real dealers in a brick-and-mortar casino, you can play roulette and blackjack with Apple Pay.
Some casinos, such as 777, offer high-quality real dealer games as well as an attractive welcome bonus to entice new players to their site.