With the four Grand Slams taking place each year as well as a plethora of ATP and WTA events, there is plenty for bettors to enjoy. Milos Raonic and Bianca Andreescu have helped to elevate the popularity of the game in Canada. Below, we will run through some of the most popular tennis bets and sites.
Best Tennis Betting Sites 2020
Read on to find our detailed tennis betting guide tailored to Canadian players! Included on this page:
✔️ Top tennis betting sites
✔️ Winning Strategies
✔️ FAQs about betting on tennis
How does SuperLenny choose the best tennis betting sites for Canadian bettors?
There are a few things that bettors should bear in mind when trying to find a decent site to bet on tennis:
- Players want to know that a site will do all it can to protect them while playing online. The more reputable sites will have the latest encryption technology installed to safeguard players when they are betting online.
- Coverage of smaller tournaments. While most bookmakers will cover the Grand Slams, players will also wish to make use of those sites that cover ATP 500 series events or lower. Avid fans will want a range of tournaments they can bet on, and those sites that cater for this will be worth their weight in gold.
- Do the sites you want to bet on have a good app, and do pages load quickly? If you bet while on the go, you will want to be able to place bets easily and have a stress-free experience.
- Reputation matters. There will usually be quite a lot of reviews carried out on sportsbooks. However, you want a highly reliable site especially if you are going to spend a lot of time on there betting.
How to bet on tennis online
While tennis is a simple game to understand unlike hockey or soccer , many are unsure about how to bet on the sport. The best market for those starting out is betting on the winner. As there are no draws in tennis, a seeded player will generally be the favourite, with the underdog a rank outsider.
A lot of people will like to bet on the favourite but want better odds. Some bettors might seek value on the underdog especially if they pull off a shock win.
Where can you bet on tennis online in Canada?
There is no shortage of places where you can bet on tennis online in Canada, and three sportsbooks stand out.
The first is Sports Interaction, which has a diverse range of tennis markets. The second is bet365, which is known worldwide and has a great live streaming service.
The other place you can bet on tennis online is Bodog, which offers great bonuses for new players.
Of course, SuperLenny always advise our players to make our site their first stop when it comes to betting on any sport from tennis to lacrosse . Players will find a list of the best sports betting sites as well as top bonuses and great odds.
Popular tennis bets
Tennis provides a popular avenue for many different types of bet, which are explained below:
- Outright betting. This involves taking a longer-term approach to tournaments, such as betting on who will be crowned champion. If you have an eye for spotting trends and are new to tennis betting, this is a good starting point.
- Match betting. Rather than examining a tournament as a whole, this involves betting on the outcome of a match. There will only be two possible results as there are no draws in tennis.
- Handicap betting. This adds a level of intricacy to your bet. It is the same concept that’s used in other sports. Here, you are betting on a player to perform as expected or better.
- Over/under betting. Similar to handicap, you are betting on the total number of games or sets that will be played over the entirety of a match. For example, if it was a best-of-five-sets match and you backed an offering of over 3.5 sets, there would have to be four sets or more for you to get a return.
- In-play betting. As the live action unfolds, you can bet on individual points, games, sets or the outcome of a game.
- Winning section of the draw. With a tennis draw, you may bet on a certain player to win their half of the draw rather than the overall winner, and decent odds are provided.
- Winner of each quarter. This entails betting on the winner of the quarter they are placed in.
What tennis competitions can I bet on in Canada?
There are many tournaments that Canadians can bet on. With the ATP Tour, they can bet on everything from Grand Slam through to Masters series events such as the Toronto or Montreal Masters. Naturally, the Grand Slam events curry more favour with online sportsbooks, and there are more markets made available for the majors.
Can I bet on tennis live?
Yes, you can. Some sportsbooks, such as bet365, will offer live streaming for events if you have registered an account so that you can keep abreast of the action.
With in-play betting, bookmakers will provide up-to-date statistics in real-time, and with more bettors playing on the go, live betting may suit their needs.
How to sign up to a tennis betting site
Signing up to a tennis betting site can be achieved in a few simple steps:
- Open an online betting account. Head over to the chosen site you wish to play on.
- In the top right-hand corner, you will find a button that says ‘Join Now’.
- You will then be asked to fill in your personal details, including your name, address, photographic ID and bank details. You may also need to answer some basic security questions.
- Finally, you will be required to deposit funds into your bankroll. Once you have been verified, you will be able to play as you choose. Verification should only take a matter of minutes.
Make a deposit to start betting on tennis at sports betting sites
There are a plethora of ways that you can bet on Canadian tennis betting sites. Among the more traditional methods are credit and debit cards.
Can I get a welcome bonus when I sign up at a tennis betting site?
Most tennis sites will offer a welcome bonus to attract new customers. More often than not, there will be a promo code or betting credits, which may come with a deadline by which you are supposed to claim it. There will be instructions included on the bonus page for how to claim a sign-up bonus. If you are not sure, take the time to read the terms and conditions before proceeding further.
Top 5 winning strategies for tennis betting
Tennis is played throughout the year, and there are usually many twists and turns. Below are five of the best strategies for improving your chances of success over the long term:
- Always look at the rankings. Before you place a bet, make sure that you check out the rankings of both opponents. For example, if a player who is ranked 200 in the world is taking on Novak Djokovic in the first round of the US Open, he is doubtful to get past the Serbian. Rankings give you a good idea of whether some clash will be a mismatch.
- Check out form. Although the players form is temporary and class is permanent, if a player is woefully out of form, they are unlikely to go too deep in a tournament.
- Style of play. Some matches throw up interesting clashes. Always assess the way that certain players play as it could give a clue to performance.
- Don’t always bet on the favourite. Usually, tennis throws up some shocks, and with the favourite, their odds tend to be lower.
- Surface preference. Some players perform better on some surfaces than others. If a player is a natural on clay, they may struggle on grass, so always bear that in mind before a tournament.
Popular questions about betting on tennis in Canada
🎾 Is betting on tennis legal in Canada?
Sports betting is considered to be legal in Canada. Some provinces, however, may have their own set of laws. Nevertheless, as long as you are at least 18 years old, you will be eligible to place a bet at any site you choose.
🎾 Is it safe to bet on tennis on sports betting sites?
Yes, provided that you are betting on a reputable site. You will want to bet on a site that is fully licensed and is regulated by a gambling commission.
Most sites will do their utmost to protect their players online, and they will have the latest encryption methods installed to do so.
🎾 Can I use Canadian dollars to bet on tennis?
Yes, most online sportsbooks will accept Canadian dollars as a payment method. Generally, you will be able to choose which currency you would like to bet in. If you bet in a foreign currency, you will incur exchange fees.
🎾 Are free bets offered for tennis games?
Yes, most sportsbooks will offer free bets to entice new customers to their site. There will be codes that can be applied. Winning free bets can be a good way to give your bankroll a good boost.