Best Lacrosse Betting Sites & Tips
Since its inception in the mid-1800s, lacrosse has become a very popular team sport in Canada. The sport also has a large following in the US, but it has yet to take off in Europe. In this guide, we will explain how to bet on lacrosse online as well as strategies to boost your chances of winning.
Top Rated Lacrosse Betting Sites 2020
How does SuperLenny choose the best lacrosse betting sites for Canadian bettors?
Several factors are taken into consideration when SuperLenny recommends lacrosse betting sites for bettors:
- Markets available. Will customers find other betting markets to delve into? Betting sites should cater to the whims of customers, and while some may look to stick solely to match winner markets, others may want to dive into other areas such as the over/under section.
- Customer service. Some sites pride themselves on their ability to provide top-quality customer service. SuperLenny understands this and wants you to have a hassle-free experience when playing online.
- Payment options. Is there flexibility in terms of the payment methods offered? Customers may not want to be limited to one payment when making deposits or withdrawals.
- Bonuses. Can players access and benefit from generous bonus packages? A good site will offer a great range of welcome bonuses to new players. Curious about wagering requirements? We’ve covered those in our detailed guide.
How to bet on lacrosse online in Canada?
Despite its rather low profile, there are a handful of online sportsbooks in Canada providing lacrosse as a betting option. Here, you will be able to find plenty of markets stacked with the latest match odds, and it is easy to register an account. Once an account has been registered, you will be able to fill in an online betting slip that will display the odds and potential returns if your bet comes off.
Where can you bet on lacrosse online in Canada?
There are a few reputable sites where you can bet on lacrosse in Canada. Among them is mr.play, which offers expert insight and analysis of the game. Additionally, there is 22BET, which has some great weekly specials that you can tuck into, and also Royal Panda, which has a great mobile app.
Popular lacrosse bets
With lacrosse, there are quite a few markets that bettors can delve into – below are seven bet types associated with the sport:
- Moneylines. The classic moneyline, which is essentially the match winner market, enables you to back one of two sides to win. If you pick the right team, your bet will be profitable.
- Total goals under/over. As the betting option suggests, you can place a bet on how many goals there will be in a game. Goals by both teams count for the total. For example, if you bet on over 19.5 goals, your bet will win if 20 or more goals are scored.
- Spread bet. A spread bet is one in which bettors can bet on the margin of victory that a team will win by.
- Futures. This requires taking a more long-term view and predicting who may well win the National Lacrosse League championship.
- Prop bets. This entails focusing on a specific aspect within a game or a season. For example, the first scorer is a popular market.
- Handicap betting. If a team is favourite, then the handicap will be valued at -1, so if they win by a goal, all bets are void.
- Accumulators. This is where you can bet on a selection of games. For example, if you bet on six teams to win, they would all need to come through for you to get a return on your bet.
What lacrosse competitions can I bet on in Canada?
The National Lacrosse League (NLL) is the most popular league to bet on. Teams are split into three divisions – East, North and West. There is also the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and when in full swing, it is an exciting competition to bet on. The Men’s Division I Lacrosse Championship comes with a huge variety of betting options.
Alternatively, the Premier Lacrosse League is an exciting betting avenue. The inaugural season began with six franchises. There is also the World Lacrosse Championship, which takes place every four years. While the United States has been a dominant force, Canada has also enjoyed success.
Can I bet on lacrosse live?
Yes, you can bet on lacrosse whether it is the professional or the collegiate game. There is no shortage of betting options, and there is a cluster of good sites where you can place bets.
How to sign up to a lacrosse betting site
Signing up to a lacrosse betting site entails following a few simple steps:
- Scour the web for a reputable sports betting site and log on.
- Once you have chosen your website, you will have to fill in some personal details, such as your name, address and banking information.
- After you have verified yourself, you will be able to deposit money into your account.
- Once everything is completed, you will be free to place bets.
Make a deposit to start betting on lacrosse at sports betting sites
Most sportsbooks are quite versatile in terms of the payment options they accept. You will be able to use credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets like skrill and cryptocurrencies to deposit cash into your account. You will probably want to use a method that provides the quickest processing times. However, you should always read the terms and conditions before committing to a particular site.
Can I get a welcome bonus when I sign up at a lacrosse betting site?
Generally, online sportsbooks will vie to attract new customers. Welcome bonuses and sign-up bonuses are very common nowadays. Typically, these bonuses will be a percentage bonus on your first deposit to the website. However, the onus is on you to check what bonuses are on offer before signing up.
Top five winning strategies for lacrosse betting
Mastering lacrosse betting takes some perfecting, and following these five strategies will make you more consistent in the long term:
- Concentrate on important statistics. Key metrics to look at for lacrosse betting are factors such as assists, goals and goals saved. Understanding meaningful statistics will help crystallise in your mind how matches may pan out.
- Bet on value. When betting on lacrosse, there’s nothing more critical to your success than finding value bets. Don’t always back the favourite as they will generally have shorter odds.
- Analyse a team’s strengths and weaknesses. Preparation is everything. If you do your homework, you are more likely to make a better decision. Look at form guides as well as a side’s style of play. Where do they score goals from? Are they lacking in defensive discipline?
- Stick to leagues you know. When you find a sports betting site you like, it is tempting to try out different leagues and markets. If you have specialism on one league or know about a handful of teams, don’t deviate too far away from that.
- Use multiple lacrosse betting sites. If you want to increase your chances of being successful, then you should open up multiple accounts. You shouldn’t be short-sighted – don’t be loyal to just one site.
Popular questions about betting on lacrosse in Canada
🥍 Is betting on lacrosse legal in Canada?
Yes, it is legal to bet on lacrosse in Canada. However, it is important to bear in mind that some provinces will have their own laws that may prohibit you from doing so.
Always check whenever you log onto or register an account with an online sportsbook that you can place bets.
🥍 Is it safe to bet on lacrosse on sports betting sites?
If you are betting on lacrosse with a trusted site, then it will provide a safe betting experience. The more reputable sites will have been recommended, and they implement the latest encryption technology to safeguard players online and prevent them from being subject to fraud.
Other sites, however, could be red flags. Check to see whether a site has an official licence – otherwise, steer well clear of them.
🥍 Can I use Canadian dollars to bet on lacrosse?
Most online sportsbooks are quite flexible in terms of the payment options they accept. Quite a lot of them will allow you to use Canadian dollars to make deposits and withdrawals.
However, some sites won’t accept foreign currencies. If they do, they may charge a transaction fee. Before committing to a site, take the necessary amount of time to read through the terms and conditions displayed and also look up the banking policies before proceeding further.
🥍 Are free bets offered for lacrosse games?
Yes. You can collect free lacrosse bets with many online sportsbooks. Essentially, free bets are promotional and they act as a way for bookmakers to lure new customers to their site. Aside from the bonuses, the free bets are worth taking advantage of. As always, read the terms and conditions.