Played all across Asia in both physical and online casinos, baccarat is a fast-paced game of chance. With the rise of online casinos, more and more people are playing baccarat today. But with more choice of online casinos than ever, what is the best way to play it online?17th Jul 2020 |
Best Baccarat Casinos
How to Play Online Baccarat
The first thing you need to do when playing a game of baccarat online is to choose a provider. There are many different options out there and even more baccarat variations, so this is easier said than done these days. Once you have your mind made up, however, simply set up an account, transfer some funds over, and start playing.
What Makes up a Winning Baccarat Hand?
Winning a hand of baccarat is very similar to how things play out in a game of blackjack. Rather than reach a total of 21, however, players in baccarat are betting on whether they think the dealer’s or the player’s hand will reach a total of 9. If you correctly guess this, you win the round!
Live Dealer Baccarat
As online casino gaming technology has advanced, live dealer casino games have exploded in popularity. In contrast to traditional casino games where the dealer is simulated by a computer program, live dealer baccarat sees players interacting with a dealer in real-time. Bets can be placed via an online terminal, and the card table is broadcast live via a video link. Baccarat is a perfect live dealer game as the play is fast-paced, meaning there is a lot of interaction with the dealer.
|Live Dealer Games||Table Games|
|👍 Exclusive bonuses||👍 Free plays|
|👍 More social||👍 More games|
|❌ Limited games||❌ Less social|
|❌ Real money only||❌ Less entertainment|
How to choose the best online baccarat casino?
👍 Casino bonuses
If you’re looking to get a little extra bang for your buck, casino bonuses are a great way to go. Baccarat bonuses will usually come in the form of a cashback bonus on any deposit you make to your online casino of choice. These can be used in any baccarat game and allow you to maximise your winnings.
👍 Free Plays
Most online casinos won’t give you free baccarat games. There might, however, be some free-to-play options available so you can try out the various game types before committing any real cash to a game.
👍 Real Money Games
Most baccarat games are played for real money. This makes the game play incredibly exciting, and with baccarat having lots of rounds in each game, there are a lot of opportunities to win some cash.
👍 Online Security
For the most part, online casinos these days are incredibly safe and maintain very high standards of consumer safety. You shouldn’t take this for granted, however, and should use a site like SuperLenny to see how their reputation stacks up against the competition.
👍 Customer Service
When playing baccarat online or any other online casino game, it’s important that if any issues players can speak to someone to help solve it. This is where customer service comes in. Should a player have any questions or problems, players should always chat with a casinos customer service team.
A Quick Look at the Rules for Playing Baccarat Online
- Players can bet on one of two hands; the banker or the player.
- A third bet can be placed on the outcome being a tie.
- Bets get placed before the cards are dealt.
- Players are dealt two cards—tens and face cards are worth zero points, all others are worth their face value, except the ace which is worth one point.
- If a pair totals more than ten, the second digit is the value of the hand.
- In order to win, you must correctly guess which hand—player or banker—will total closer to nine.
Playing Online Baccarat for Real Money Vs for Free
Playing Online Baccarat for Free
|Free Games||Real Money Games|
|It's free ✔||You can win real money when you play ✔|
|Low risk ✔||Enjoy bonuses ✔|
|Practice your strategy ✔||Live dealer games ✔|
|No live dealer games available ❌||High risk ❌|
|Less variations ❌||Wait for deposits to clear ❌|
Playing Online Baccarat for Real Money
|Use free spins and play for real cash prizes ✔||The risks of losing money mean you tend to be less adventurous with your strategies ❌|
|Lots of suspense when the wheel starts spinning ✔||If you want big payouts, you generally need to put a decent-sized stake up ❌|
|Live dealer roulette is a highly enjoyable, very social experience ✔||Decisions take longer to make and can be quite time-consuming Decisions take longer to make and can be quite time-consuming ❌|
Best Strategies for Playing Baccarat at an Online Casino
- Stick to the player bet: One of the simplest betting strategies is to stick with the player bet as it tends to have the highest odds.
- Avoid the tie bet: The ‘tie’ bet is the least likely outcome of any single round in a baccarat game. Try sticking to player or banker bets for a higher likelihood of winning a round.
- Play with smaller bets: If you are new to the game, try to stick with smaller bets and build up your bankroll slowly. Baccarat is a fast-paced game with short rounds and can deplete your bankroll very quickly if you don’t get an eye on it.
- Pay attention to all the tables: Don’t stick to the same table all evening, play the field a little bit and get a feel for other tables. Different variations give players different odds—try them out and see what works.
- Set a budget and stick to it: Baccarat is a fast-paced game with not much hanging around in-between rounds. As such, your bankroll can deplete more quickly than you might have thought it would if you don’t keep an eye on it. To avoid this, set a budget and stick to it.
Much like a language, many online casino games like baccarat or blackjack have their own words or phrases. So before you start playing baccarat at an online casino check out the following terms used in game play.
Baccarat: A count of zero—the worst hand in baccarat.
Banker/Player bet: A bet placed on either the dealer or player to win.
Bankroll: How much money an individual gambler has to play with.
Burning the deck: Discarding the top few cards from a deck before playing.
Down card: A card turned face down.
Up card: A card turned face up.
Face card: All cards that have portraits on them.
Fading: A term used to describe placing bets.
House edge: The edge the house has over the player.
Monkey: Slang used for a face card or a ten card.
Standoff: When the player and the bank are tied.
Popular Questions About Online Baccarat
♦️ Is baccarat a popular game?
Although it has traditionally been more popular throughout Asia, baccarat’s popularity has started to shift in recent years. The rise of online casino gaming has introduced baccarat to a whole new generation of casino game enthusiasts in Europe and North America. At an online casino here’s how the table action gets broken down
- Visitors playing blackjack accounts for 31% of the action
- Visitors having a spin on a roulette wheel accounts for 24% of the action
- 21% of the action happens on poker tables
- 9% happens on baccarat
♦️ Does James Bond play baccarat?
One of the most iconic baccarat players is without question James Bond. When he isn’t taking part in international espionage, Bond is known to frequent high stakes casinos where his game of choice is baccarat. Baccarat has featured in several Bond films, but perhaps most prominently in ‘Casino Royale’, where a game of baccarat provided the background to an epic standoff.
♦️ Can you win playing baccarat online?
Yes, absolutely! Baccarat is a game of pure chance, so it can be hard to make out patterns and choose a strategy when everything changes so radically between rounds. However, this does not mean you can’t win a game. In fact, baccarat has one of the lower house edges of any card game in the casino.
♦️ Are online baccarat games rigged?
Although we can’t guarantee the integrity and security of every online casino out there, we can confidently say that in the vast majority of cases, online baccarat games are not rigged. As baccarat is a game of pure chance, if the odds work against you for a few rounds in a row, it can feel like the system is rigged against you. This is not the case, however, as pure luck is the only force that rules this game.