Finn and the Swirly Spin
Let us set off on a journey to the Emerald Isle as we visit the land of magical leprechauns. Finn and the Swirly Spin is a unique game from NetEnt, featuring a leprechaun who uses his magical powers to swirl the reels and get you big wins. The main character is the Leprechaun Finn, who sits next to the reels playing his flute. Are you ready to take a ride to the end of the rainbow? Let’s take a look at what this magical slot game has to offer!
Play for Real at These Casinos
+ 20 free spins
- Editor's choice
- Pretty site
- Same day payout
Return to Player
50 000 coins
0.1 - 100
This unique slot game is based on an Irish theme. Its ground-breaking ‘spin mechanics’ feature is designed to make it possible for you to get consecutive wins with each spin. The game starts with a 5×5 grid, with a magical key in the bottom left corner. Unlike traditional reels, where the reels spin, in this game, the reels swirl towards the centre position. Winning combinations are formed by getting 3 or more symbols next to each other, either vertically or horizontally. After each winning combination, the matching symbols avalanche (disappear) and leave empty spaces that allow for the other symbols on the grid to take their place by rotating clockwise. As this happens, potentially new combinations are formed, but most importantly, the key begins its process of getting closer and closer to the centre to unlock the free spins features. During regular gameplay, there are random features awarded, which are determined once all the symbols have come to rest, but before the wins are awarded. The 4 random features include:
- Dragon Destroy: This feature can only activate if there were no wins before the Dragon Destroy beings. The dragon will destroy a random number of symbols and trigger an avalanche, ensuring a guaranteed win.
- Starfall Wilds: Adds 2 or more wilds randomly to increase your chances of winning. If after a wild is placed, there are no combinations, an additional wild will be added until a win is achieved.
- Irish Luck: When there is no win on the reels after the initial spin, a vertical or horizontal line at random is replaced with one type of symbol for a guaranteed win.
Magic Transform: All heart and spade symbols transform into a different and higher paying symbol.
The six easy to remember symbols on the reels all have their own characteristics and values. Between the acorns, horseshoes, four leaf clovers, and spades, the rubies are the most rewarding with up to 50 times your stake for 5 matched symbols. The wild symbol is the star. There is also a sticky wild, which looks like a gold coin with a “W” on it. The sticky wild only appears during the Lava Lair Free Spins. What makes the sticky wild really unique is that it, and the symbols around it, do not get destroyed when a combination is formed.
Finn and the Swirly Spin does not feature a dedicated bonus round. However, the four different free spins rounds, make up for this in a big way.
Once all other wins and avalanches have occurred and the Free Spins Key is in the centre position, a Free Spins round is awarded. You get to choose from 4 different Free Spins games, each with a special random feature, depending on how many keys you have collected. The four different free spins games are:
- Star Bar Free Spins: You will need to collect one key to activate this feature. Star Bar free spins gives you 7 extra spins with the Starfall Wilds Random feature. Every time you use this feature, at least two wild stars are added to the game.
- Lava Lair Free Spins: This free spin game requires 4 keys to be activated. You will get 3 free spins with the Dragon Destroy feature in play, plus a sticky wild will take the place of where they key would normally be.
- Lucky Mug Free Spins: This feature requires 9 keys to activate and it will give you 4 free spins with the Irish Luck Random feature enabled. If you fail to secure a win, the symbols will transform to boost your odds of a win.
- Golden Pot Free Spins: This feature is activated after you’ve collected 16 keys. Even though it only awards you 2 spins, the Magic Transform feature is activated for the free spins.
The top prize in Finn and the Swirly Spin is set at 500 times your bet amount
There are no fixed paylines, or any type of paylines for that matter. Winning combinations are any three or more matching symbols that are adjacent to each other, either vertically or horizontally.
The game has a relatively high RTP (Return to Player) rate that is set at 96.62%.
Finn and The Swirly Spin has a medium volatility. When you consider that with the generous RTP, there is the potential for some big wins.
Simply fantastic! The swirling slot style is a fresh take on the traditional spinning reels and makes for a unique and exciting gameplay experience. All the different features and free spins games add depth and excitement, and best of all, the simplicity ensures that even if you’ve never played the game before, within a few minutes, you will know exactly what is going on. The great visuals, animations and sound effects provide a really immersive gaming experience.