Poker at Indian Online Casinos
Poker is one of the most popular casino games in India. The poker lovers can now even enjoy it online and win from the comfort of their residence. However, it often becomes overwhelming to select the most suitable poker site. That is why we are here with this guide. Here, we have vetted the best poker sites in India so that you can enjoy a great betting experience.
Where to Play Online Poker for Indian Players
Below are the best casinos that offer poker to players. Whether that is Video Poker or Live Poker or anything in between, the variety is enormous!
100% up to ₹30000
+ 100 free spins
- 24/7 support
- Free Spins
- No deposit bonus
11 wager-free spins and bonus offer
- 24/7 support
- Editor's choice
- Live Casino
Up to $1,500 150 Zee Spins
+ 500 Zee Points
- Live Casino
- Fast payouts
100% bonus up to ₹5.000
- 24/7 support
- Classic slots
- Accepts Indian Players
- Payments in Rupees
$5.555 Welcome Package
- Classic slots
- Jackpot slots
- Easy registration
For years, Poker has been the favourite card game of many Indians. Most of us even play it casually during picnics, parties, and get-togethers. On the other hand, some people (serious bettors) prefer to play this game in casinos and win real cash.
There are only a handful of casinos in India as gambling is banned in most of the Indian states. The Public Gambling Act of 1867 prohibits setting up of gambling houses along with prohibiting gambling activities in many Indian states.
If you are a poker fan, you don’t need to feel dejected at all as there’s an option to play poker online. Unlike offline betting, there are no laws that ban online betting in India. It can be said that online betting is permitted in India. Hence, you can play poker online with peace of mind.
There are many online casino websites that offer different variations of poker. So, you can visit any online casino and book your seat in an online poker table. The biggest advantage of online poker is that you can play from anywhere and at any time. Furthermore, you can bet at a very minimum amount and win big. So, it’s definitely worth trying!
What is Poker?
Poker is basically a category of card game played by using a deck of 52 cards. There are different ways in which poker can be played. Generally, players pick some random cards and they place their bet on the basis of their poker hand’s value. Then, each player tries to create the highest-ranking hand by replacing their low-valued cards with cards of higher value. In the end, the player with the best hand wins.
In the case of online poker, you get seats in an online table where you compete with other players in real-time. The basic rule of the game remains the same, except for the fact that you won’t be able to see the faces of your opponent. So, it’s a little difficult to find out whose bluffing.
What are the different types of poker?
There are different types of poker games having different rules. In some kinds of poker, players reveal some of their cards in between the game, while there are other kinds of poker games where all players show their cards together in the end.
Some of the common types of poker are:
- Texas Hold ‘Em
- Omaha Hi
- Seven Card Stud
- Omaha Hi/Lo
- Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo
- Draw Poker
The “Texas Hold ’Em” is one of the most popular poker games. In this game, players get two cards at the beginning, and then they can combine these two cards with five other community cards to create the best possible hand.
Based on the online betting style, there are three distinct types of poker:
- No Limit: In the case of no-limit poker, players have the liberty to wager any amount, which can even be equal to the total cost of the table at that time.
- Limit: Here, all the bets need to be placed within a pre-determined range.
- Pot-Limit: The players can wager any amount in this type of game. However, the bets can only be placed till the pot size is reached.
How to play poker online?
It’s quite easy to start playing online poker even if you are a first-timer. You can even enjoy some benefits like:
- Quick gaming
- Better control on limits of betting
- Winning even without a poker face
- Easy deposits and withdrawal
- Lower risk
If you’ve already made your mind to play poker online, then here are a few steps to begin.
- Choose a poker site from the list above
- Open an account with the poker site you choose
- Make a deposit
- Choose a suitable game of poker
- Book a table
- See your card and then place your bet
- Try making the best possible winning hand
- Fold, Call or Raise based on your hand’s value
How to choose the best poker site?
There are numerous betting websites, each claiming to be the best in the market. Hence, it really becomes difficult for bettors, especially the newbies to choose the best poker site in India. However, your selection is important as it will determine your overall betting experience.
Here is a checklist that you can refer to while selecting the best poker site:
- The site should be licensed by gaming authorities as that stands testament of its legitimacy
- One of the most crucial factors in the selection of a poker site is its interface. It is recommended to choose a poker site that has its software designed by players such as Microgaming, Evolution Gaming and Netent.
- The betting site should be compatible with different operating systems including Windows, Android, and iOS so that it can be enjoyed in laptops, PC and mobile devices.
- The site should offer a good variety of poker games. It should offer popular games like 5-Card, Texas Hold ’Em and Omaha.
- It should have multiple payment options so that users can deposit and withdraw funds quickly and with ease.
- The poker site should have advanced security features like firewalls and encryptions to ensure the safety of information.
- The poker site should be known to offer a good customer support as this will keep you covered in case you face any issues or you have any queries regarding the site.
- It should offer good odds and a great number of bonuses.
Frequently Asked Questions about Online Poker
Is it legal to play online poker in India?
According to the Public Gambling Act of 1867, gambling and casinos are banned in India. However, online gambling is not prohibited in India. You just need to be 18 years and above to play poker online.
Is it safe to play poker online?
Yes, it is totally safe to play poker online, provided you play from an authentic and licensed website. You should check our recommended sites as they will allow you to play poker with ease along with keeping your information secured.
Can I play with real money on online poker and claim my winnings?
Yes, you can play poker online by staking your real money. Once you have won, you can easily withdraw the money in your bank account. You just need to pay 30% of your earnings as income tax to the government for winnings above 10,000 INR.