Badminton is one of the most popular sports in India. Online players could get a chance to win by betting on this sport. In this detailed guide, SuperLenny will answer some of the common questions you might have regarding badminton. Read more about where to bet on badminton in India.27th May 2020 |
Best Badminton Betting Sites 2021
100% Deposit Bonus worth up to ₹10,000!
up to ₹70,000 Bonus
+ ₹5,000 Free Bets
- Live Casino
- Player's Choice
Up To ₹10,000 Welcome Bonus
Free Bet Available
100% up to ₹8,000
1st Deposit - Free Bet up to 20.000 INR
100% Up To ₹10,000
+ 22 Bet Points
Click on our link to Bet365 for more info
How to bet on Badminton
Although you might be tempted to the likes of Google or Bing when trying to find a betting site online, those popular search engines might not necessarily be your best shot. Even though both Google and Bing do an incredible job of returning millions of search results to you in an instant at the click of a button, this isn’t much use to you if you are looking to find the best website to bet on badminton. Google and Bing deliver every possible search result without giving you the ability to distinguish between them. As such, the best way to find a website to bet on badminton is to use a review aggregator website — like SuperLenny — which act as a database filled with information on all the best betting websites. That allows you to start your search from one centralised location and enable you to find information about all the options out there much more reliably. If you want to save yourself time, effort, and money, use a website like SuperLenny!
How we choose online betting sites for Indian bettors
With new online sportsbooks opening every week, it has become more difficult than ever to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to finding a betting site. In these circumstances, SuperLenny provides a centralised, trusted source of information that lists all the information you need to know to make an informed choice. SuperLenny ranks the online sportsbook for features and overall performance, allowing you to compare the betting sites’ main features out there quickly. The SuperLenny review lists the casino’s overall rating, any bonuses, the main features on offer, as well as providing a link to where you can see a full breakdown of what’s available. That allows you to quickly compare the leading betting websites without having to trawl through pages of Google search results.
Is it legal to bet on badminton in India
Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to this question. The laws surrounding sports betting in India are quite complicated and have become more confusing with the rise of online sports betting. The first thing to keep in mind is that it depends entirely on the sport or game in question. For example, lotteries and horse racing, have long since been entirely legal to bet on, while others such as poker do not benefit from the same allowances. Furthermore, whether you can bet in person will depend on the state you are in, as individual states across India have the power to draft up and regulate gambling activities. When it comes to online betting, the situation is a little bit different as no strict laws make online betting illegal in India. Several companies have sprung up outside India that provide gambling and sports betting services to Indian customers online in these circumstances. As such, as long as the online bookmaker you are using is fully licensed and regulated where they are established, Indian customers can use these websites to bet on badminton.
How popular is badminton in India
Although India is most often associated with cricket, badminton comes a close second in the most popularly played sport across the country. Badminton has slowly but surely risen in popularity in India thanks, in part, to the efforts of Indian badminton players themselves, with several prominent Indian players advancing to the top of the BWF rankings over the last decade. Thanks to stellar performances from the likes of Prakash Padukone, badminton has soared in popularity recently. And with the Tokyo Olympics on the horizon in summer 2021, Indian players have begun to eye-up Olympic gold.
How to bet on badminton online
The first thing to do when you are looking to bet on badminton games online is to find the best possible website to use. While there are hundreds of options out there, using a review website like SuperLenny can make it a lot easier for you to settle on a website. When choosing a site, look out for the overall rating, what bonuses they have on offer, and the betting they offer.
Once you have selected a betting website to use, all you have to do is set up an account with them and then transfer some money to your account. As soon as the funds hit your account, select what sport you want to bet on — in this case, live badminton — and then you can choose what match for which you want to see the odds. If you are happy with the odds on offer and the type of bet you have selected, place the bet and wait for things to play out in your favour!
How to sign up to online betting sites
Setting up an account with an online betting site is a relatively quick affair these days. To get started, simply follow these steps:
- Use a review website like SuperLenny to find the sportsbook that meets all your requirements.
- Click the bright yellow ‘Play’ button to get taken to your chosen sportsbook website.
- Hit the ‘Sign Up’ button at the top of the homepage and go through the account creation process.
- Be sure to take advantage of any welcome bonuses on offer.
- Verify your account and make your first transfer.
- Once the funds hit your account, place your bets!
How to deposit at an online sports betting site
To make your first deposit at online sports betting website, you will, first of all, need a fully functioning account. Ensure you have followed the sign-up processes in full and that your account is fully verified. Usually, you will need proof of identity for this. With this done, you can then head over to your online profile deposit/withdrawal section where you can input your financial details and select a deposit method. The safest of these is a bank transfer, which usually takes between 2–3 days. If you want something a little bit quicker, you can try using a debit or credit card instead, as well as several e-payment/digital wallet solutions. Once you have chosen your deposit method, simply select the amount you want to transfer, enter your details, and click ‘proceed’ to get it started. With this all done, all you have to do is wait for the cash to hit your account!
How to cash out your winnings online
Much like making a deposit, withdrawing your winnings is a relatively straightforward affair. Once again, you will generally need to have a fully verified account before making a withdrawal, so make sure your details are all up to date. If you are withdrawing money, having won using a promotional bonus or welcome offer, you will also need to make sure you meet any wagering requirements that might be in place before trying to withdraw. Otherwise, you might not qualify for the bonus.
If you are sure everything is good to go, simply head over to your profile’s payments section and begin the withdrawal process. To do this, select your preferred withdrawal method, follow the instructions on-screen, and wait for the money to hit your account. Depending on what method you chose to make the withdrawal, you should get your winnings within a few days. Bank transfer will tend to take between 2–3 working days.
Which notable tournaments can I bet on
Although they might not have the same global impact as the big cricket matches or football tournaments, there are still quite a few different events on which you can place bets. Of these, the biggest is the Olympic Games. Although it only happens once every four years, Olympic level badminton is without question an elite badminton event. As such, it attracts a massive amount of attention when it comes to sports betting. Although the 2021 Olympics were cancelled, they will run next summer in 2021, and we can expect a big build up in the run-up to it.
Beyond the Olympics, there are also some smaller professional tournaments. Most of those occur in the Asia-Pacific region where badminton is most popular. For example, the Badminton World Championship and the BWF Super Series are massive events in the sporting calendar. Although it doesn’t tend to attract the same level of attention as the World Championships or the Olympics, the Super Series is also very popular.
Different Types of Bets in Badminton
- A straight win bet – place a bet on who you think will win the whole match.
- Outcome bet – place a bet on what you think the match’s outcome will be for an individual player or team. You might bet, for example: 0:2, 1:2, 2:1, or 2:0.
- Total point bet – this is a bet on the total score in a match overall. This is also known as an over/under bet with most bookmakers.
- Tournament bets – in tournaments you can bet on the winning order of the competition. That might involve choosing the winner or the runners-up in order.
- Another popular bet type is to bet on the difference between points in a specific set.
- Correct score – you can also bet on the overall winning score. That doesn’t need to be the exact figure; you might also give a range (e.g. 15-21).
Winning strategies for online Badminton betting?
Given that badminton is an indoor sport, there are not as many variables that can affect a match’s outcome, especially compared to cricket where games are regularly postponed or abandoned. That is a good thing when it comes to betting on badminton games as it means there is one less thing to worry about when formulating your strategy.
When you are looking to formulate a strategy, the best source of information you can use is the Badminton World Federation (BWF) homepage. It is an incredible resource for betting on badminton matches. It contains information about the individual players, including their ranking, win history, and other relevant information. That is very useful when betting on singles games as an individual player’s history, whether overall or in a particular tournament, can help you predict the outcome of the match. Although this information will by no means guarantee you the right result, it will nevertheless help you predict it with a reasonable degree of certainty.
Most Popular Badminton Tournaments:
- Olympic Games – Olympic badminton is made up of a single-eliminated tournament. The first time badminton was introduced as an official sport was in the 1992 Summer Olympic Games in Barcelona, Spain. The Olympic games take place every 4 years,
- BWF World Championship – Started in 1977 and took place every three years, until 1983. From 2006 onwards, it became an annual event. This is for the simple reason for players to be crowned as the official ‘’World Champions’’.
- Thomas Cup – An international Badminton tournament among teams that represent member nations of the Badminton World Federation. A tournament that is played in phases, with the last phase of the tournament having twelve teams competing at venues within a host country, is played simultaneously with the woman’s world championship team’s final phase.
- Uber Cup – A woman’s Badminton competition that is on a national scale. This competition is named after former British Woman’s event similar to the men’s. 24 teams have qualified for the final stage of the Uber Cup. This Badminton competition is by far the world’s biggest and most distinguished commonly held Badminton event in terms of player and fan interest.
- Sudirman Cup – This competition takes place every 2 years. It is named after Dick Sudirman, the founder of the Badminton Association of Indonesia.
Top 10 Best Badminton Players in India
- Nandu Natekar – He is known as the ”god of Indian Badminton”. He was a stroke maker back in his time.
- Pullela Gopichand – Made his worldwide badminton debut in 1991 and carries multiple awards to his name.
- Prakash Padukone – The first Indian player to win the All England Championship title.
- Jwala Gutta – Has many accomplishments and rewards in badminton – many awards include Indian and International awards.
- Saina Nehwal – One of the most followed badminton players in India. Played on a national and international level in 2014 and 2015. She holds more than 23 universal titles to her name.
- Aparna Popat – She holds the title and is a record breaker of winning the National Senior Woman’s badminton championship.
- Pusarla Venkata became the primary Indian lady who holds an Olympic silver decoration and is also the second Indian badminton player to ever win an Olympic award after Saina Nehwal.
- Parupalli Kashyap – A high-positioned Indian male badminton player. He won a gold decoration at the Commonwealth Games.
- Srikanth Kidambi – One of the best players in Indian badminton. He won the highest elevated cash prize in 2017 and held many awards and medals to his name.
- Ashwini Ponnappa – She became a champion in the pairs Indian badminton circuit. She holds many decorations of multiple occasions including the Commonwealth Games, where she accomplished a gold award.
Best Badminton Courts India
D Y Patil Sports Stadium –
Address: Sector 7, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400706, India
EKA Arena –
Address: The Arena Kankaria Lake, opp. Gate No 3, Kankaria, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380002, India.
Istora Senayan –
Address: Jl. Pintu Satu Senayan, RT.1/RW.3, Gelora, Tanahabang, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270, Indonesia
Arena Birmingham –
Address: King Edwards Rd, Birmingham B1 2AA, United Kingdom
Markham Pan Am Centre –
Address: 16 Main St Unionville, Markham, ON L3R 2E4, Canada