Best Betting Sites India
Being an inextricable part of Indian culture, gambling has been present for quite some time on this subcontinent. Despite numerous religious and moral condemnations from spiritual and political leaders, people in India are avid punters who enjoy betting massively on sports and on cricket matches to a great extent. On this page, SuperLenny presents you with the top betting sites that accept Indian players in 2020.
Top Sports Betting Sites For Indian Players
Most Popular Sports in India
Western standards consider the view of gambling in India, as well as Indian gambling laws, as conservative. However, in the past 3 years, significant steps have been taken in regard to moving towards a structured licensing system that is more liberalized. Considering that betting operations in India fall outside the legislation purview, bookies may only exist only in the form of online sports betting sites.
Well-known international gambling sites are a good option for Indian players as they offer a wide range of markets to bet on for real money.
Cricket Betting 🏏
With its high popularity in India, cricket accounts for the largest proportion of sports betting. From the glamour of IPL cricket to the rigours of test cricket and smaller domestic leagues, Indian cricket lovers in India are likely to watch it while they lay money on it from popular betting sites such as Betway and bet365. Read more about where to bet on cricket in India on SuperLenny’s cricket betting guide.
Football Betting ⚽
Football is also extremely popular to bet on but is a distant second to cricket when it comes to betting online in India. Alongside major European leagues such as English Premier League and Champions League and sporting events like the World Cup, the I-League, which is the Indian premier league, is among the most famous football leagues for gambling in India. The I-league is well included by bet365 in their daily offerings. SuperLenny has rated the best football betting sites in India so you can make the most out of your love of the game.
Field Hockey Betting🏑
Field hockey has significantly grown in India and has been noticed by the betting operators who have made gamblers get the best betting deals in a convenient and timely manner. To bet comfortably, you can check out Field Hockey previews prior to placing a wager. Bet365, Betfair, and William Hill among others provide field hockey offerings.
Kabaddi Betting 🏃♂️
Without a doubt, online sports betting in India is on the rise and gambling on Kabaddi is no exception. Several popular operators in India now offer Kabaddi betting including 10CRIC, Betway, and LeoVegas Sport, and they are among the first to post about events. If you want to learn more about how to bet on kabaddi you can check out our SuperLenny guide.
Is Betting on Sports in India Legal?
In India, the legality of gambling is a bit of a disputed topic. Betting has not yet been officially classified as illegal, but it’s a highly restricted industry. However, no person has been prosecuted for online gambling. Online betting in India isn’t illegal, and there is actually an underway plan to legalize betting in the country.
Fortunately, most providers of online betting do not operate on Indian soil, as they are headquartered and licensed in European jurisdictions. This gives Indian players an opportunity to gamble without the fear of breaking any law. The Indian government is likely to fully legalize online gambling, as it could probably benefit from the profitable dynamic business
How Can I Bet on Cricket online?
When it comes to cricket betting, Indian sports gamblers are the undisputed leaders. This is because cricket is considered the king of sports in India, subsequently attracting millions of punters. You have an option of betting on IPL, International T20s and other global events. With so much to bet on, you will definitely be spoilt for choice.
One of the most significant aspects to look out for when betting on cricket is the odds. Shop around for different betting sites to get the one with the highest odds. If you want to get involved in the action as it happens, cricket live betting will offer you a revolutionized experience.
What Makes a Good Online Sportsbook for Indian Players?
While we are waiting for the first legal online Indian betting sites to become a reality, players from India who are starting with online betting will have to consider international betting options.
A good international online gambling site for the Indian market has the following characteristics:
- Offers popular sports
- Wide variety of bets
- 24-hour support
- Quick payouts
- Depositing and withdrawing in Indian rupees
- Competitive odds
- Bonus offers and free bets
Which payment method has the fastest payout?
When it comes to speed e-wallets like Neteller, Skrill and Pay Pal are the fastest way to receive your winnings at sports betting sites.
|Method||Fees||Cashout Time||Deposit Time|
|Yes||Up to 24 Hours||Instant|
|No||Up to 12 hours||Instant|
|No||Up to 24 hours||Instant|
|No||1-3 Banking Days||Instant|
|No||1-3 Banking Days||Instant|
|No||1-2 days||1 hour|
Do sports betting sites have age restrictions in India?
Individuals, who participate in online gambling in India through global bookies, are not in any way controlled by the government. This makes it possible not to come across any age restrictions. This is different from other states and countries where online betting is highly prohibited to individuals below age 18 or 21. However, most international online betting sites available to Indian bettors have age restrictions in place and will not accept underage players.
What Types of Sports Betting Bonuses are There?
There are many different types of bonuses and each has its own nuances. Here are some of the most common ones out there. Note that some sportsbook sites will give them different names or adapt them slightly in order to differentiate themselves, but in general, there are 2 main categories that bonuses fall into.
- Sports betting bonuses for new customers – This is exactly as the name implies; it’s a welcome bonus and it’s designed to attract new customers to sign up and start betting. The type of offers you can expect are, for example: Get a 100% Welcome Bonus or Join Now and Get 50% up to €
- Sports betting bonuses for existing customers – Once again, the name says it all. This type of bonus is aimed at existing customers and is intended to keep you betting with the sportsbook site. Sometimes, the bonus is intended to reactivate customers who have been inactive. On the other end of the scale, VIP customers, who bet large amounts, are rewarded for being loyal.
Building on these concepts, here are some of the most common types of sports betting bonuses:
- Match Bonuses – Also known as deposit bonuses or deposit match is the most common online betting bonuses. The sportsbook will match your deposit amount by a certain percentage or fixed amount. Example: 100% up to €
- Reload Bonus – Almost identical to a match bonus or welcome bonus except they are aimed at existing customers to encourage them to keep depositing and placing bets.
- Free Bets – Don’t get excited, they’re not actually free bets, but instead, a type of insurance or cashback up to a certain value. In essence, it’s a “risk-free” bet where you still need to make a deposit and place a bet. However, if you lose the bet, you get your money back but if you win, you receive your winnings with rollover requirements.
- Loyalty Bonus – The more you play, the more they pay. Loyalty bonuses are there to not only keep you betting but to encourage you to bet more. Often, loyalty bonuses will be awarded based on how much you bet within a certain period and may not necessarily require you to make a deposit. For example, you may already have a bankroll to play with, so the sportsbook may offer you X% amount of bonus if you wager more than €500 in a month.
- No Deposit Bonus – As the name implies, these are bonuses you may receive without having to make a deposit first. Typically, these are given to existing customers and maybe small amounts to keep you active. Very rarely are no-deposit bonuses given to new customers, but anything is possible. Once again, make sure to read the fine print.
- Referral Bonuses – It’s simple, bring your friends and you get rewarded. They will have to sign up and make their initial deposit before you get rewarded. Your referrals may also have to meet their rollover commitments too. Make sure to read the terms relating to referral bonuses as sometimes, there are limitations on it being immediate family members or the number of referrals etc.
What Sports Can You Bet on Using Your Sports Betting Bonus Funds?
This varies from bookmaker to bookmaker, but generally, you can bet on all sports, however, there may be specific terms or betting odds requirements in order to use your bonus funds. The limitations may also prevent you from placing an each-way bet. The only way to know what you can and cannot bet on is to read the terms or if in doubt, contact support.
How do I withdraw My Winnings from an online betting site?
Claiming your winnings and cashing out money from betting sites is quite a straightforward process. However, a player will need to know a few basic things such minimum withdrawal from the winnings allowed by the betting site . The minimum amount of withdrawal varies between different payment methods and from one betting site to another. If everything is in order this is how you can withdraw your winnings :
- Go to the sports betting sites ‘Banking’ or Cashier section
- You will then see your available funds
- Click Withdraw and enter the amount
- Chose your payment method
Do I have to Pay Taxes on My Winnings in India?
As opposed to offline horse racing that is taxed at 30.90%, the fact of online betting is not 100% legal in India means that gamblers are not obligated to pay taxes on their winnings. In fact, ISP and Payment services blocks have been used, by the Indian federal and state governments, to tackle the phenomenon of online gambling.